Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 73; Passing the Time

Wednesday, January 26th

Waiting, waiting, waiting. 

We are still here in beautiful Kona, Hawaii.  It's so difficult to truly enjoy my time here.  Can anyone out there understand that?  Each time I am alone, whether it be lying in my bed, sitting on the lanai, even today when I was riding my bike! I think about my son and pray to God for his safety.  Tears streamed down my face today as I rode toward home, occasionally taking my hand off the grip just to wipe my face. 

Sheesh, I am truly pathetic sometimes. 

Soon, my soldier will depart, but I as I mentioned before, I cannot disclose the date.  I talk to him almost daily, but the dark cloud still remains over my head. 

C Company waits to depart as well.  I often think they are, like me, crossing each day off the calendar as it comes, dreading the day they leave. 

Silly me. 

Here are some photos my soldier sent me, as they pass the time until departure.


That's my son in the middle.  You guess it, he's going down...




Just look at the expressions on their faces as they dump their officer into the mud.  Do these guys look depressed and low-spirited?  Obviously not.  My son tells me they are anxious to go and do their jobs.

God, I love soldiers.  They are America's finest men and women, don't you agree?



No comments:

Post a Comment