Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 105; Shopping and Bonding

Sunday, February 27th


Spent the day with my soldier's girlfriend.  I like her a lot!

Went shoe-shopping together...  A silly pose!!!  (notice the socks?  They belong to my soldier!)


After our shopping excursion, I took her to my sister's house and we watched the Academy Awards.  While there, my phone beeped-- I received an email from my soldier:




One of the cooler things I have going on out here...my personal 6x6 Polaris Ranger ATV.  It's pretty quick.  I haven't had many occasions to drive it yet because everything is so close together here, but I got a sweet 6-wheel (weird saying that) drift coming around a turn one time when no one was looking.  Don't tell anyone because the speed limit out here is usually 5-10mph, hah.  And yes, the MPs give out tickets--even in Iraq.

2 comments:

  1. do believe some of those pics can be seen as opsec understand you want ppl back home to see where you have been and all but it could be a security risk to the rest of us

    ReplyDelete
  2. photo deleted, but do not see how pic of an atv can be a security risk...

    ReplyDelete