Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 2; Another Day, Another Tear

My first waking thoughts were of my son.  What is he doing right now?  Does he know how much he is missed? 

This morning, I received an email from another military mom.  Apparently, Sunday's send off was televised on ABC News.  I got to watch the boarding of the plane after all, even though I had left the base early to go bawl my eyes out.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=7789008&syndicate=syndicate&section=

Tonight, my husband and I leave for Barcelona, Spain.  Our youngest son, attending UCLA, is studying abroad this semester and has been gone for over 2 months.  Now that my soldier is off and running, it is time to switch gears and check in with my baby.  Can't wait to get a long-awaited hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment