Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 6; A Whole Lotta Nothin'

Our sleep patterns do not seem to be improving.  My husband was up for a couple hours in the dark checking email during the night, which in turn woke me up, and then we slept in until .  I stared out the window at the rain and decided to read a paperback novel I had brought with me.  It was sheer hunger that finally pulled us out of bed at 2pm. 

We took a walk down the boardwalk of Barceloneta and found the familiar pizza restaurant from a couple of days ago.  Familiarity had won out over the challenge of searching for something new to eat in the rain. 

Upon arriving back at the hotel, I returned to my book and it was too good to put down.  I finished it in one day!  (Not the first time I had read this one, either!)  Room service for dinner, Lakers game via SlingBox, and then surfing the Internet.  No wonder I can’t get to sleep at night—sleeping in too late and drinking Diet Cokes all day and night = a recipe for insomnia…!

Here we are in this wonderful city with so much to see and do, and you can draw a big "X" through this day.  Shame, shame, shame on our laziness. 

However, tomorrow is another day; we get to see Robert again.


No comments:

Post a Comment