Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 10; Email From a Friend

November 24th:

Today, I received an email from my new friend, Isabel, who is also the mother of a soldier in my son’s company.  She writes:

Hi Suzan,
Just checking in to see how you are doing.  Have you received my recent emails regarding the pictures and addresses?  Just wanted to make sure my email list was correct.  Have you heard from Richard yet?  Remember, I'm here to talk if you need to.

Spending a lovely Thanksgiving with my other son and his family.  Spoke to Rick and also sent him pictures via cell phone.  Have a good time and enjoy yourself.  Did I mention I sent you a link with all the pictures taken and the newsclip from last Sunday?  When you get home check your email. 

Have a Great Thanksgiving!
Isabel

Isabel has been through this before; this is her son’s 2nd deployment.  I remember her telling me that this time around is easier to deal with since she is familiar with “how things work,” however, her son was stationed in a non-combat area during his first deployment and this time, they will be in Iraq.  Different, yet somewhat similar circumstances, but stressful nonetheless when your military son is overseas. 

It is good to know there are so many people who care and want to support me during my son's absence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment