Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 33; Confirmation of the 4-Day Leave

It's confirmed!  My soldier comes home for 4 days for the Christmas holiday!  I am THRILLED.  My husband and I are ready to go pick out a Christmas tree and do some shopping for the occasion. 

It has been quite a feat finding something my soldier can actually use this Christmas since he will go to Iraq next month.  He asked me what he could bring me for Christmas in an email and I responded:


Okay, you are going to think this is lame, but the best Christmas present you could give me, you are already giving me.  Just coming home is the most wonderful gift of all.  I know that doesn't help you, cuz I know you want to bring me something, but I am so blessed that I will be able to be with you at Christmas.  And now your pathetic mother is crying while she types this. 

There is always the 
mall.  We can all take a walk over there and I am sure you will find something to make me smile.

You are the difficult one to shop for, since anything I get for you will not be put to use until you come back home.  Except for maybe some underwear, but how lame is that?

143

This was his response:

I could use some legit wool socks designed for combat boots with antimicrobial shit built in.  You can probably find them on like www.rangerjoes.com or some similar website that sells military gear.

I'm on it!
Santa has already placed an order online for some cool boots:

Rocky S2v Tactical Boots

Built with the Special Operations warrior in mind, the Rocky S2V is one of the most innovative combat boots available. Made out of MIL-SPEC materials, the S2V is flame retardant, has anti-microbial properties built into the interior of the boot which combat foot rot and infections, and has a built in fast rope guard on the inside of the boot. The materials do not absorb any water, and built in one way drain holes quickly drain the S2V. The boot is finished off with a water/oil resistant Vibram sole and is completely made in the U.S.

SuperFabric® insteps are ASTM tested by exposure to multi-directional abrasion until clear damage is done to the fabric. The S2V SuperFabric withstood 35,000 cycles, which was 1.9 X more cycles than Keprotech®2, and 14.5 X more cycles than Cordura®. This translates to supreme resistance to cuts, abrasions, punctures, rope burn, animal bites, and rot.

  • Mil-Spec flash-resistant leather uppers withstand fire hazards and withstand the rigors of sea-to-land warfare
  • PTFE coated uppers are flame retardant and are triple stitched for durability
  • 1,000 Denier Cordura sides and padded collars are standard issued features
  • SuperFabric instep panels prevent early boot failure from rope burn. The super-tough material resists cuts, abrasions, punctures, animal bites and rot
  • Aegis Microbe Shield prevents bacteria and fungus growth that cause rot and foot discomfort
  • Wicking Dri-Lex lining and stretch Lycra tongues hug feet for secure fit
  • High-walled Vibram soles with airport cushion footbeds are supportive and stitched to each upper for maximum durability
  • Panels in the uppers are triple-stitched for durability
  • Cushioned Airport® footbeds are perforated for maximum air circulation
  • Shock absorbent mid-soles are encased by the wraparound outsole to minimize damage and wear
  • Drainage vents move water out and prevent debris from entering
  • Each boots weighs just over a pound
  • Made in the USA

Wow!  Drainage vents!!!  Hope he likes 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment