Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 46; Assessing the Damage

Thursday, December 30

Our condo here in Kona is a part-time rental when we are not using it ourselves.  It always amazes me how things change in between our visits.  Of course, Kona is always 'under construction' with road widening, changes in restaurants, etc., but I mean changes within my own condo.  I am a bit obsessive-compulsive when it comes to organization.  Especially my kitchen.  My plates and bowls were on a different shelf, my coffee cups were in a different cabinet on the other side of the kitchen, 2 drinking cups were missing from the set of tumblers (just bought them before we left), a propane tank was missing from the BBQ (we always keep a spare), and my entire monkey pod plate/bowl collection was absolutely ruined.  And believe me folks, this stuff ain't cheap!


It was obvious that most of the plates and bowls had been put in the dishwasher, which totally compromised the wood finish.  Even though I have washing instructions posted on the cabinet where they are stored and a label that states:  "Not Dishwasher Safe."  There is a white spotty film all over the wood, which makes it look diseased.  Eeeewww.  Don't know if it can be saved...

Of course, a couple of DVDs are missing, as well as books, but this is the nature of the beast when it comes to rentals.  It's just the cost of doing business, I suppose.  We like to offer nice, upscale furniture, fixtures, and supplies for our guests, but nothing we have provided is going to make me cry if it is missing or damaged.  In other words, it's just stuff

Another pet peeve of mine is furniture being rearranged and curtains out of whack. My bed has panel curtains attached on all sides of the four-poster canopy and the I find that the tiebacks are wadded up around the panel curtains (that is, if they are tied back at all).  Each panel loop should be equal distance apart to make the panel curtain fan out.  Sheesh.  What's so difficult to understand here?



And I don't know why renters would want to rearrange the placement of my furniture!  It is, what it is-- 
My chaise lounge chairs were on the right side of the lanai and the outdoor dining table set was moved to the left.  Someone did a switcheroo.  And this was no easy feat-- The table set is wrought iron!



I placed the coffee table just the way it is in my photo; at an angle, serving both sofa and love seat:  

When I got here, the sofa and love seat were reversed, and the coffee table was lined up parallel with the love seat, out of reach of the sofa!  Pl-eeeease.

Okay, so I am a little anal retentive. 

Kidding, I am WAY anal retentive.  But, not gonna let it bother me.  No way.  So what if things have been moved around? 

However, everything will be put back my way tomorrow, that's for sure.  I call it "Operation I Want It The Way It's Supposed To Be."  (Might need to condense that one)

No comments:

Post a Comment