Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 43; Return to Empty Nest

Monday, December 27

Robert left at 5am for a week-long trip to Lake Tahoe with his buddies before returning to UCLA next week.  Ah, the days of youth.

Today will be 'Operation Clean-Up.'  Gotta get this house back to normal.  My kitchen is a complete disaster, the living room is littered with wrapping paper and gift bags, and the Christmas tree is shedding needles (my bare feet cannot take this abuse any longer--those needles are nasty!). 

...The aftermath of Christmas. 

We were so busy getting ready for Christmas that all television shows were put on hold.  After I clean up my disasterous house, I must go to work deleting all of the movies and television shows from my TiVo list that I had no time to watch:  White Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and A Charlie Brown Christmas.  They just don't hold the same magic when you watch them after Christmas has passed (although, truly, I could enjoy the movie White Christmas any day of the year!).

No comments:

Post a Comment